This journey in reviewing newborn cloth diapers has been sponsored by myself. All opinions expressed are my own experiences and influenced by only myself. This post and blog may contain affiliate links and use them to purchase products continues to support this ongoing blog.
Now and then I see the Nuggles Bittee Stay Dry Newborn on the Buy & Sell pages of the internet. In pictures, these diapers look very small, and the name “Bittees” makes them sound like a small newborn cloth diaper. I was hesitant to buy them knowing I have bigger babies… However, surprisingly, in real life, these diapers are just the perfect size and grow well with my chunky newborn.
I’ve been a long time fan of Nuggles! Starting with the Simplee Nuggles! , I can’t help but fall in love with this Canadian (and even more BC local) brand. The Nuggles! Bittee Stay Dry Newborn cloth diaper doesn’t fail to disappoint and comes in their adorable prints!
All About the Nuggles Bittee
This little itty bitty diaper is just perfect for itty bitty babies, including my average-sized newborn (born 7lbs 15oz). It’s rated 5-15lbs+ and easily meets this sizing range.
The Nuggles Bittee has a double row of waist snaps for optimal sizing along the legs and waists. Unlike your traditional OS cloth diaper with rise snaps, the Nuggles Bittee has an adjustable rise at the waist snaps. Need a tighter leg or a lower rise, snap onto the bottom row. Need a higher rise, or a looser leg, snap onto the top row. Pull up your wings to adjust the legs even more (this was just perfect for my somewhat skinny leg newborn). Honestly, I was skeptical about this type of rise setting and Nuggles! isn’t the only brand to use this strategy. In real life, I kind of like it. what! that’s right. Before we move on, lets also point out the awesome snap down for that pesky umbilical stump!
Inside the diaper, you’ll find a stay dry pocket-style All in One (AIO). Nuggles! has a luscious fleece interior with a microfibre absorbency core. With openings in the back and front, additional absorbency can be easily added on top, or inside the diaper.
You’ll also catch that the Nuggles Bittee features the Nuggles! double gusset. These double gussets are just right for keeping it all contained.
To Love & To Not
My newborn cloth diaper stash is currently composed of a little of everything, so when I think about the Nuggles Bittee compared to other newborn cloth diapers, I can’t help but be a fan because it stacks kinda well
Loving on this diaper is super easy…
- Umbilical Stump Snaps make this a useful newborn cloth diaper. Theres nothing better than being able to use your cloth diapers as soon as you can.
- Pocket Function allows you to boost this newborn cloth diaper to meet your little output.
- I also love that this pocket function allows me to turn the diaper inside out when tossing in the dryer for an even quicker dry time (but honestly, I forgot and had to wait for it to dry)
- Disclaimer: I have yet to boost this with anything because we haven’t out peed it yet… well we outspeed it during a well-meaning 4-hour nap…
- Absorbency rocks in this Nuggles Bittee compared to other newborn cloth diapers. In real life, I was continually impressed by this diaper.
- Double Gusset: I do think these help keep things in and contained. (but then the only explosions we’ve had were in disposables, never a cloth bum).
- I love how the double gussets add distance between the fleece inner and the diaper shirt. I’m going to claim this helps reduce wicking on diaper shirts as this is one of the only diapers I never had this problem with.
- Adequate Newborn Sizing: The Nuggles Bittee is adequately sized for a newborn cloth diaper. It’s not on the small side, it’s not on the big side, and fits little Miss just right in the average sized newborn state. Even at 10lbs, she’s rocking it.
So, what’s not to love.
- Synthetics… the polyester/polyamide absorbency core of the Bittees is one of the reasons this diaper is mighty thirsty, comparatively, but… I also think life is better when my diaper has natural fibres.
- I’ll get over this because it’s awesome.
- Forever to Dry: this Nuggles Bittee was almost always still damp coming out of the dryer. This is a not to love moment, but it’s a love moment because taking forever to dry is a good sign of being absorbent in my opinion.
I can’t help but love this adorable softy, luxurious, and nicely sized newborn cloth diapers. I found them easy to use, easy to fit, and perfect for all of our stages of newborn cloth diapering. It was easy to boost to meet our needs, and the double leg gussets gave us room for bulking with boosters.
I would buy the Nuggles Bittee for my next baby. Would I have an entire stash of them? Maybe. But I wouldn’t have a whole stash of any diaper. Diversity is key to my life. Perhaps a good half dozen or more?