I didn’t win. Funky Fluff had an exciting contest in if your baby was born the day Funky Fluff newborn diapers landed in Montreal headquarters you could win a small stash of newborn diapers. I was STOKED. Estimated arrival of Little Miss was January/February and I was due February 26-28ish. I never delivered early, but neither did the Funky Fluff newborn diapers. Alas, Anna was born AFTER. I *think* by JUST two days. So the #funkybumpwatch wasn’t a victory, but we still had to try one out.
You may already know this, like many other brands, I’m also a HUGE FAN of Funky Fluff.
My top 3 reasons why I love Funky Fluff?
- AMAZING TRIM FIT on my first child.
- AWESOME Natural Fibre Inserts.
Before you keep reading, I have to let you know there may be the occasional affiliate link scattered towards my favourite retailers. Purchases at these links support this blog and come at no additional cost to yourself.
At one point, I had a sizeable rotation of Funky Fluff Diapers. But then the stay dry inners & I had a falling out, and I sold them. Now, I exclusively love the AWJ & Bamboo insides, and will recommend my heart and soul that people try a Funky Fluff diaper (Seriously, go buy one from Kerri at CozyBums, you’ll love it)- but then they were hard to come by, so I stopped talking about them; BUT NOW I’M BACK.
And let’s talk about this super duper cute Funky Fluff Newborn cloth diaper.
Funky Fluff Newborn
The Funky Fluff Newborn cloth diaper is the most recent addition to the Funky Fluff line up of diapers. The release of a newborn sized cloth diaper was a surprise! why? The OS variation already fits little itty bitty newborns just perfectly (thanks to the overlap waist snaps and a tiny 4 setting rise snap option); why would you want or need anything more?
The Funky Fluff Newborn cloth diaper is EVEN MORE trim of a fit, giving even more babies the option for a Funky Fluff snuggle! In hand, it looks like a miniaturized version of the larger OS option with a few differences, but not many. As you can spot, size is the big difference.
The Funky Fluff Newborn is suggested to fit 4-12lbs +. It features two double snap rise settings, alongside a double waist snap with a low hip snap. There is also a handy umbilical snap down to allow Funky Fluff to be used straight from birth.
Inside the diaper, is a Funky Fluff pocket style design in a bamboo (80% bamboo viscose and 20% polyester). This features openings at both the front and back with a waterproof tummy band. Like the OS version, inserts can be arranged in a variety of different functions giving this diaper a multitude of styles – snap it in and you have an All-in-One Diaper, stuff it and you have pocket, lay it on top and you have a hybrid/cover/shell/All-in-two style system.
The Funky Fluff Newborn diaper comes with TWO bamboo (80% bamboo viscose and 20% polyester) inserts. The smaller of the two consists of 4 layers of Bamboo, while the larger is a 5 layer insert. Both can snap into the diaper, snap together, and feature the classic Funky Fluff contour shape for a trim, snug overall fit. In the Funky Fluff Newborn the inserts ONLY snap in the back.
Funky Fluff Realities
Do you ever try a diaper without washing it? sometimes I do. I couldn’t help it. I received it and it was gorgeous. Already being a lover of Funky Fluff, I was excited to try this diaper on my little lady. She was no longer a fresh faced newborn, but at two weeks new and 9lbs, we got this diaper snapped up and on (just in time for a poop – it never fails).
The Funky Fluff Newborn IS love at first sight. I still can’t get over the amazing fit, the quality of the materials, and how incredibly adorable miniature version is! Like seriously, stinking adorable. I love the fit of this diaper so much, that right now I’m wondering when the last time we wore it — and, I’m not sure. Why? Because sometimes I hoard my favourite diapers. Sometimes when you love a diaper so much, you don’t want to ruin it by wearing it right now, or at that moment. Sometimes your saving it for that ‘perfect’ moment. Thats right, you just joined the crazy train express. <3
Loving all the Love
- Sizing: The Funky Fluff newborn sizing is a dream. While, Little Miss was already a little chunkier when I received it, the versatility of this tiny diaper is perfect for babies of all shapes and sizes. Even now at 11lbs I know we have lots more time in this diaper and I’m head over heals about that. I love knowing that a diaper can take us from birth and beyond.
- Absorbency: The Funky Fluff meets your newborns absorbency needs. In my kitchen lab it suggest the smaller insert is more a booster, but paired together they make a great pair. This diaper is just right in terms of newborn absorbency, and on the higher ranking side overall
- Umbilical Stump: The one thing hold back the Funky Fluff love with a One Size is making room for the umbilical stump. While I wasn’t able to test it out, it would work.
- PUL Tummy Panel: This is a favourite feature of mine in any diaper, and I love seeing it in the Funky Fluff. To me, it gives the extra reassurance and protection of keeping the wet pee inner away from my beautiful clothes
- Natural Fibres: Need I say more? And Funky Fluff bamboo never fails to disappoint in overall quality.
- Trim Overall Fit: Between the narrow crotch, and trim cut, the Funky Fluff Newborn fit little Miss like a glove. It was amazing. I can barely describe it and will only post pictures for your imagination.
- TWO Snap in Inserts: let’s crush on the fact Funky Fluff gives you control of your newborn diapers absorbency and bulk. Choose whichever insert you want and make it work for you. They snap in and out, and give you so much flexibility and versatility that you can make this diaper work for whatever needs you might have.
- Double Rise Snaps: Funky Fluff does the double rise snap right. Not all diapers are suited to the double rise snap and give awkward bulges. Funky Fluff’s trim crotch shape, the double rise snap is perfection
Not Loving, So Much…
- Bamboo Inners: Bamboo insides are awesome for natural fibres, but little babies can be sensitive to pee. I really wish, the Funky Fluff Newborn had a stay dry option – say like the beautiful Athletic Wicking Jersey?
- Price Point: This diaper is on the expensive side of newborn cloth diapers at about $21 CDN. However, it does have a wide sizing range which helps offset any cost concerns for me. Considering its one of the only newborn diapers Little Miss still fits comfortably at 11lbs, thats a financial long term win (and she still has a rise setting to go)
Why are you reading this blog? You should be out buying Funky Fluff Newborn cloth diapers RIGHT NOW. Buy them all. Seriously. They are amazingly trim, absorbent, and beautiful. Sure, the price point has a little bit of a sticker shock, but you won’t regret supporting this Canadian company. I can’t help but say a thousand beautiful words about the Funky Fluff Newborn cloth diaper and would fully support and recommend the purchase of this itty bitty newborn diaper. <3 #enabler
If I had more babies, I would seriously consider having an ENTIRE stash of Funky Fluff Newborns.
Find them at these Affiliates
CozyBums Diapers (Canada)
Cloth Diaper Kids (Canada)
Kelly’s Closet (USA)