Ordering cloth diapers from the United States is a little bit of a pain for Canadian parents like myself. Not all retailers will ship to Canada, and if they do shipping costs are high, and there is a potential for duties and taxes. Usually, the costs don’t outweigh the benefits. So when a pair of Nicki’s Diapers Training Pants showed up on my local Cloth Diaper swap, they had to be mine. Better yet, they were a print I love: toolin’ around.
Nicki’s Diapers Training Pants
Nicki’s Diapers Training Pants is an underwear style cloth training pant. Again I say this because not all training pants look like underwear. In a classic underwear shape, the Nicki’s Training Pants features stretchy sides and an absorbent middle core. Gentle elastic along the legs and waist help keep accidents in a while offering the freedom for easy on and off.
The inside of the Nicki’s Diapers Training Pant is a cotton flannel lining. Under this is the absorbent core consisting of microfibre and an exterior shell of waterproof PUL. Nicki’s Diapers Training Pant PUL features many of Nicki’s Diapers regular and limited edition prints.
Training Pants are available in 4 sizes ranging from 16 to 45 pounds. We have a size medium, rated 22-30lbs. I would have ordered a Large (30-38 lbs), but the Medium was my option.
- Sizing: The sizing on the Nicki’s Diapers Training Pants is generous and roomy. I bought the Medium on the whim and surprised they fit. I tend to like my Training Pants bigger than smaller, but these fit my toddler excellent.
- Sizing Options: I love that the training pant sizing options go up to 45lbs +. This sizing availability is perfect for little toilet training toddlers and preschoolers of all shapes and sizes.
- Underwear Like Shape: Because we are adventuring into potty learning, I love how the Nicki’s Diapers Training Pants help us transition to learning how to use underwear. They are easy to pull on and off, and give a classic underwear appearance and feel for my tyke.
- Absorbency: These have been well worth the absorbency holding in our moderate pees and keeping our pants dry in the meanwhile.
- PUL lined: So far, I favour a PUL barrier in my cloth training pants. I like how it gives me extra protection from wet seats.
- Price Point: At only USD 10, the Nicki’s Training Pant is a stellar price point.
Not in Love…
I don’t really love how the Nicki’s Diapers Training Pant absorbency consists of microfibre, but I have come to learn synthetics have a place in this cloth diaper mom’s life. As a Canadian, I don’t love that I have to import these from the states, but if you’re stateside, this point won’t matter to you.
My toolin’ around print is quite simply to die for; however, I do seldom reach for my Nicki’s Diapers Training Pants, and mostly I attribute that to size and comfort. While these do fit, they just fit. Other trainers, like our Blueberry Trainers and Rumparooz Lil Learnerz, are a bigger fit and even easier to pull on and off. If I had the right size for his weight class, I would probably love these more and reach for them all the time.
For a budget-friendly, underwear-like training pant, the Nicki’s Diapers Training Pants is a keeper. These will help keep your couch dry, catch little day time accidents, and help you rock your potty training adventure.