On my most recent holiday, I packed one single cloth diaper in anticipation of the perfect photo opportunity for this post. We headed to the Coast, and I figured there might be a lighthouse. There wasn’t. Why a lighthouse? Because today we are talking about Lighthouse Kids Company cloth diapers!
I received the product in exchange for my thoughts and opinions. My thoughts remain my own. This post also contains affiliate links. Purchases from these links provide a small revenue stream to this blog.
If you belong to any multi-brand generic cloth diaper groups on Facebook, you might have heard whisperings of a smaller cloth diaper brand called Lighthouse Kids Company based out of Florida. Lucky for this Canadian, Natalie at Lagoon Baby was just as curious about this cloth diaper and placed an order! Together, we’re teaming up to tell you why you’ll be placing a cloth diaper order at Lagoon Baby for the Lighthouse Kids AIO Cloth Diaper.
Lighthouse Kids Company
Vanessa sought out to make an easy-to-use cloth diaper after cloth diapering two boys. Based out of Florida, Lighthouse diapers are designed in the US and manufactured in China. According to the website, Lighthouse Kids Company has plans to grow in the coming year, expanding into other products. Check out the cute booties!
Lighthouse AIO Cloth Diaper
Lighthouse Kids Company specialises in an easy-to-use All-in-one (AIO) cloth diaper. Lighthouse Kids AIO Cloth Diaper is unlike any other AIO cloth diaper on the market. While other AIO features a tongue style absorbency, the Lighthouse AIO cloth diaper does something different.
Open up the Lighthouse Kids AIO Cloth Diaper to a Bookfold Diaper Design or rectangular insert (compared to the more frequented long and skinny absorbency). Four layers of bamboo knit with a stay-dry fleece liner on one side compose of the diapers absorbency. The diaper is folded in half to fit into the body of the cloth diaper giving eight layers in the wet zone. This unique design allows parents the option of stay dry or natural fibres without the additional work of stuffing. A simple flip one way gives you stay dry, while the other offers natural fibres.
The interior body is lined with wicking jersey, while the exterior features a light weight TPU. Together these materials allow for a comfortable, secure fit.
Lighthouse Kids AIO Cloth Diaper is a one-size cloth diaper rated for babies 9-32 pounds. There is an option of 4 rise settings and a snap over waist. Hip snaps on both wings help keep wing droop away.
Everything to Love about Lighthouse Diapers
Lighthouse Kids AIO cloth diaper is pretty awesome, and I’m so excited Lagoon Baby has it in stock. This is a quality diaper that might work for you. Read below to find out more.
- That Insert Shape: Give it a chance because the rectangular tongue insert is a hit! It’s so easy to use. It takes a couple of tucks to get the insert folded up for the little one, but nothing compared to the hassle of stuffing a diaper.
- Can we say its trim? Like super trim? Check out my toddler. Not fluffy or awkward at all.
- Stay Dry OPTION: Lighthouse Kids AIO Cloth Diaper is one of very few natural fibre AIO cloth diaper with the possibility of a stay dry inner! I know some babies need it, and having the option is a huge check in my box.
- Overall Fit & Sizing: Talk about trim! Between the four rise snaps and the cross over waist snaps, this diaper gets tiny! Lighthouse Kids claims 9 pounds, but I bet this diaper fits smaller babies with a wing lift. They also suggest it maxes out at 32 pounds, and my toddler still has a fair amount of room all over, so there is some wiggle room depending on your chunk.
- Tummy Panel: This seriously overlooked cloth diaper feature makes me love a cloth diaper just a little more. When I look at the cloth diapers I use on the regular they all have a tummy panel because tummy panels give that little extra protection!
- Simple To Use – Simple to Clean: Sometimes tongues and folds in a cloth diaper can get a little finicky, but this isn’t the case. I found the diaper easy to spray and wash off. Additionally, as the owner Vanessa claims, it’s easy to fold up on laundry day. A simple fold in half is a no brainer.
- Price Point: At $26CDN the Lighthouse Kids AIO Cloth Diaper is a very affordable natural fibre AIO cloth diapers in Canadian. I say #startthecar!
Not every diaper is perfect…
And the Lighthouse Kids AIO Cloth Diaperis no exception. My biggest upset with this diaper is the absorbency claims. It’s been suggested the Lighthouse AIO Cloth diaper could work for night time. However, four layers of bamboo (or 8 when folded into the diaper shell) isn’t enough absorbency for this cloth diaper family. I would not recommend this cloth diaper for bed or naps. It compares to other natural fibre AIO in its absorbency, but it’s not the most absorbent, and would likely need to be boosted. We maxed it out in the same time frame as other cloth diapers, if not sooner.
Folding the insert in half and then down is a little bit of a pain for the tiny babies and no less work than any other tongue style diaper. It was SUPER simple on the big toddler in open rise.
It might not be perfect, but the Lighthouse Kids AIO Cloth Diaper is a great one size all in one cloth diaper for my family and yours. If you’re looking for a natural fibre diaper with dry stay options, then this is something to try. I have been impressed with the fit and cut every time it has been on the bum in this house. I continue to reach for ahead of my tongue style diapers because I do find it easy to use.
Now I just need to sell off some of my other brands so I can buy more Lighthouse Kids cloth diapers. This is a diaper I would buy again.
Lagoon Baby is more than just a cloth diaper retailer. Located in Maple Ridge, Lagoon Baby sells a variety of kids and baby products, as well as a WIDE selection of cloth diapers. Don’t forget to visit storefront location if you’re in the Fraser Valley, and ask to see the selection of prints. You never know what you might find in a bin of diapers.