As you might know, from Instagram, I’ve gutted my kitchen and living precariously on the brink of exhaustion from a kitchen renovation project. Right now, in the moment, I wish we just bought a new house.
I’ll be the first to own the fact I wasn’t all that savvy with the food situation in the renovation zone. It never really dawned on me that we wouldn’t have a kitchen for over a week. But here, I am a week without a stove and finally dragging the microwave out from the spare room because eating out with toddlers is a pure chaos.
We started out renovation process with eating out frequently, but I’ve scaled that back now because the thought of taking two toddlers out for a meal is exhausting. Now I live on take-out and Lunchables.
Kid Friendly Restaurants in Prince George, BC
If you’re looking for some kid friendly restaurants in Prince George, here are my favourite restaurants to take my family because it’s just a good experience.
Besides my favourite tips on eating out with toddlers, make sure you grab a booth. It seems easier to corral kids in booths at some of these family-friendly Prince George restaurants.
- Canadian Brewhouse: This chain restaurant closes to minors after 8:30 but the kids’ menu is cheap, high chairs are sweet, and you can even pick out a special treat from a treasure chest at the end of the meal.
- I’ve never had a bad experience with kids at the Canadian Brewhouse. It continually rocks it for being one of the easiest going places to take two toddlers solo.
- They also have the best spill proof cups for kids.
- White Spot: This Canadian classic never fails to impress a boat-obsessed toddler. Pirate Packs with ice-cream are sure to impress while the family-friendly atmosphere makes you feel a little more at ease about your toddler laying on the floor screaming.
- Dragon Stone Mongolian Grill: This local Prince George restaurant isn’t a chain, but its cafeteria-style ambience makes you feel a little less guilty about your kids who want to dance while waiting for their food. I wouldn’t recommend it solo with multiple kids. Filling up your bowl and watching your food cook is enough of a challenge without kids.
- Truthfully, this is my last choice for restaurants when my husband wants to go out, but he loves it. We took the kids and it was probably the most relaxing dinner of the week.
- Montana’s Bar & Grill: New to Prince George, Montana’s is a crowd pleaser with my kids and has yet to let us down.
- Red Robins: Full of booths and fun eats, the Red Robins restaurant is another of those classic chains that just feels good to take on with an armful of children in tow!
Not looking for dinner?
Need to play and eat while in Prince George? Playgrounds cafe is worth the visit. Enjoy crepes, sandwiches, and more while playing in the indoor playspace.
For breakfast, the Camelot continues to be my favourite quick and easy diner experience. Forget Denny’s and get breakfast for a better deal while the coffee is still hot.
Where do you like to take the kids when eating out in Prince George?
I’d love to hear your family-friendly suggestions!