My oldest turns two this week! I can’t believe the time has gone by so fast. With his approaching birthday people begin to ask the question. What does Little Man want for his SECOND birthday? And what do you get a busy and active two-year old? You get busy and active things.
Active toddler gift ideas is brought to you by the mom of a busy almost 2-year old and is essentially my wish list of ideas for him. Some of these things we’ve already acquired and love, and some of these active toddler gift ideas are dreams for the future.
This post contains affiliate links. Purchases from these links provide an income to this blog. Click responsibly.
7 Active Toddler Gift Ideas
- Run Bike: Active toddlers just want to go, and what better way to inspire that desire to test boundaries, burn off energy, than a run bike?
- Helmet: If your toddler is going to move, chances are he needs a helmet.
- A good helmet is a great gift idea and shows how much you value the toddler’s safety and life. Plus, helmets aren’t boring. They come in fun colours and patterns.
- Good Shoes: Toddler shoes are expensive, but an active toddler is growing quicker than we can keep up. Giving the gift of shoes keeps toddlers outside and happy, and prepares them for a good night sleep.
- My Suggestion: Keens. I love our keens.
- Outdoor Gear – Coats, Puddle Jumpers, and Snow Pants.
- Akin to gift idea #2, an Active Toddler Gift Ideas is to give the gift of comfort. Being active doesn’t mean needing toys and gizmos, but rather all the accessories to do it no matter the weather.
- Even check out these amazing Twinklebelle Design Gro-with-me sunhat!
- Explorer Kit to check it all out!
- Think binoculars and nets, buckets and scoops, and other fun things to explore.
- Outdoor Balls. If there’s one toy that is timeless, and always captivating it’s a good outdoor ball.
- Whether it’s a soccer ball, bouncy ball, or tennis ball, balls provide the perfect Active Toddler Gift Ideas for anyone.
- Memberships: Active toddlers need less stuff and more experiences.
- Consider gifting a membership to a local play space, or organisation. Check out Hike it Baby (gift a membership in the USA) or local science centres. Or maybe even a dance class/swim class or more?
- Pro tip: if mom is busy with a second baby offer some amazing family quality time by joining in on a swim class or dance class (because until they turn three almost everything is parent participation)
These active toddler gift ideas will be sure to impress at your next birthday party or gift giving exchange.
While my list of active toddler gift ideas varies in price point, they offer an array of inspiration. The active toddler, much like mine, needs less stuff and more space for doing.
Puzzles, books, and indoor toys captivate their attention for short spans of time, the gift of adventure, exploring, and getting outside satisfies them.