When I gave up my AIO cloth diapers for simplicity some months ago, I opted to embrace Flat Cloth Diapers and Prefold Cloth Diapers. And while I typically, padfold my cloth diapers, there is a time and place for a folded cloth diapers. One of my favourite folds for littlest is the Kite Fold.
This fold evenly distributes the bulk of the diaper towards the centre without being TOO bulky. It’s fairly simple to remember and use. Depending on the size of your flat diaper, the completed fold will change. However, the size is easily adjusted based on how far up you fold the top or bottom of the diaper.
Using my HumBird flats I got the perfect size for Little Miss. However, these particular flats were too small for Little Man. Typically, I use a large receiving blanket with him and it’s just perfect size.
Kite Fold for Flat Diapers
Note: Steps 2 & 3 are interchangeable. I prefer to do it this way as it gives fewer folds for poop mix up.
- Lay Out Flat, and fold sides to create a “kite shape.”
- Fold up the long skinny bottom. Depending on how far you fold this up changes the overall rise of this diaper. If you fold it less for more bigger babies and more for smaller babies (or try a mini kite fold)
- Fold down the Top triangle.
- Roll in the sides of the diaper. I find it helpful to roll up the sides before folding onto baby, but it can also be done when folding onto baby
- Fold onto Baby and secure with either a diaper pin, boingo, or snapppi.
This diaper fold is EVER SO SWEET on Little Miss in her HumBird Flat Diapers. Check out my review later this week. In the meanwhile admire her cuteness below with a Kite Fold Flat Diaper.