This post may contain affiliate links.
For the past 4 months, we have spent nearly every other weekend celebrating the birthday of one of our little friends. As each baby turns One, I’m faced with the daunting task of gift purchasing and most recently my go-to gift of choice has been a GroVia O.N.E. I’m not sure about you, but I absolutely hate buying gifts. It stresses me out. I’m never 100% sure about colours, and prints, and what they have and don’t have.
Lucky for me, some of our friends also cloth diaper! It makes me giddy in joy. Most of them also rely on cheaper brand diapers, not sold at my local retailer. If I knew their brand preference, I would most likely purchase the newest/hottest print or solid in that brand. However, since I don’t, I have the joy of picking out a diaper. It’s one of my most favourite things – driving over to CozyBum’s, and picking out something for the next little.
Why a GroVia O.N.E.
For those who know me, you might be surprised to hear that my go-to choice is a GroVia O.N.E. for my friends. You’re surprised because I’m a huge advocate of natural fibre diapers, and the O.N.E. is a microfibre diaper. You’re also surprised because the ONE is not my ultimate favourite diaper (personally, I rather a stash of GroVia AIO, or maybe some other natural fibre AIO). That aside, the GroVia O.N.E. has 6 convincing reasons on why I pick it up for every first birthday we attend.
- Sold at my local CozyBums Retailer. I can stop in and pick up the week before.
- GroVia is an AMAZING and REPUTABLE brand. I choose GroVia because I can personally attest to the quality of their diapers, and the quality of their customer service. This is a company that I fully support with all of my heart. My hope is that they love their O.N.E so much they go check out the brand and learn all about it.
- GroVia O.N.E. is great for nights & days. You can use just about anything for daytime diapering, but for many parents, night time diapering is a real struggle. I choose a GroVia O.N.E. because not only is it great for daytime use, it can be used as a successful night time diaper. For the light to moderate night wetters, the GroVia can help families cloth diaper exclusively.
- O.N.E. for O.N.E. For the reasons of the acronym, I choose a O.N.E for birthdays. The outlast enclosure allows ultimate versatility with sizing, and longitivtiy. No Prep feature allows it to be a simple wash and wear for busy parents. And its snap-in inserts provide an Easy-to-Use feature common in AIO.
- Because my favourite’s aren’t “easy”. My go-to right now is a mixture of prefolds/flats and covers. While super easy, I understand that many families find this daunting. If it wasn’t so daunting, I might instead gift some beautiful covers, or a fancy swanky prefold.
- Its affordable. The GroVia O.N.E. falls right in my price budget of what I want to spend on a gift. Coming in at around $30 CDN, I feel comfortable with this purchase. I’ve considered giving the gift of pockets, but by the time I replaced the standard issue microfibre with something reliable, I felt myself out of my budget zone.
Do you give the gift of cloth diapers? What’s your go-to gift of choice for birthdays?