This cloth diaper mama doesn’t quite get the hype about pocket diapers, but that’s not going to prevent me from writing and chatting with them. I would much rather skip the stuffing diapers step – but you can’t do that with microfibre, and sometimes scrapping poop off inserts is less than enticing. The Imagine Baby Pocket Diaper is easy to use, affordable cloth diaper option for parents looking to build a stash with cute prints, and a great fit.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. That means I earn a small commission off purchases made at those links. This post is brought to you by a free Imagine Diaper from Cozybums because sometimes I work for diapers. I’m not influenced by free diapers. Cupcakes, maybe.
Basics of Pockets
Choosing a pocket cloth diaper is going to be more expensive than choosing a system of cloth diaper covers with your choice of the insert (like a Bummis Prefold). It’s also going to be less expensive compared to more costly all in one system, including budget-friendly lines like the Bummis Pure AIO. Pocket cloth diapers are a one use deal because you only using them once. This means you need a full set of 24 diapers to build a complete stash.
The Imagine Baby Pocket Cloth Diaper will cost you approximately $407 CDN at CozyBums at regular price.
The insert goes inside the pocket-like opening of the diaper and then the diaper onto the baby. After use, the diaper is disposed in the laundry and saved for wash day. there’sno reusing anything with a pocket diaper because the liner has been soiled.
Pocket diapers do offer an ease of convenience because instead of swapping out soiled inserts you just swap out the entire diaper. I admit this does sound easier. It’s also a more attractive idea if you don’t want to handle a soiled insert. It’s taken my husband two years to kind of grasp the concept of just changing inserts, so Pockets are easier and a more functional choice for him. This particular diaper, the Imagine Baby Pocket, was also a great choice to send to the babysitters and she mastered it like a pro.
The Imagine Baby Pocket
Imagine Baby Pocket Cloth Diapers are one size diapers that fit sizes 10-35lbs. It features a classic 3×3 rise settings and a double snap on the waist. Inside the imagine cloth diaper features a solid colour fleece liner. The fleece colour changes depending on the print and solid of the diaper. This does adda little fun and excitiment. There is just one opening to the diaper at the back, but it is big and easily fits my MASSIVE hands. Imagine Baby Pocket Cloth Diapers are easy to stuff.
This diaper comes with two microfibre inserts: A standard infant sized one and a large sized one.
Additional features include 3×2 rise snap, double waist snaps, and a generous overall shape of the diaper. Imagine Baby Pocket Cloth Diapers easily fit from 8-35 pounds offering a flexible and comfortable fit for all sized kids. There is no belly PUL as seen with other pocket diapers.
The day-to-day with Imagine Baby Pocket Diapers
Honestly, the Imagine Baby Pocket Cloth Diaper just works. I don’t hate it, truthfully, its just another pocket diaper. What matters is most is: will it hold poops? Will it hold pee? Will it fit? And yes it does all of that!
- Sizing: The Imagine Baby Pocket Diaper is one of the larger pockets in my modest collection. It’s similiar sized to the Elemental Joy while being bigger than the Sweet Pea and bumGenius 5.0. This makes it a great contender for babies who need for rise for big booties, or just need a bigger fitting cloth diaper. Hey, doesn’t mean it cant work for smaller babies too! The lack of crossover snaps menas this diaper doesn’t get super small in the waist.
- Fit: I really like the fit of the Imagine Baby pocket diaper. I know I said it’s just another pocket diaper, but it fits my baby great. Between her chunky thighs and need for a bigger fit, the Imagine Baby is just right for her.
- Absorbency: Microfibre is microfibre, and the Imagine Baby is nothing to write home about. Truthfully, I stashed the microfibre and use an Imagine Baby Flat or Bummis Prefold in mine. I dont like touching microfibre it gives my hands the creepy crawlies.
- Fleece Inners: At first I loved the fleece liner because the bright colours give an amazing pop with this diaper and others (like the Imagine Baby newborns). However, I found it got pilly in the wash, and seemed warm against babies skin. It’s super easy to clean off and the navy in this diaper doesn’t show off stains!
- Durablity and Day-to-day: She’s pooped, she’s peed, she’s done her thing in the Imagine Baby Pocket cloth daiper and no leaks, messes or wicking. I was a little anxious about wicking on the front near the tummy, but so far not a problem, even with pants!.
Try the Imagine Baby Pocket Cloth Diaper TODAY at CozyBums.
Truthfully, this is the pocket diaper I use the most of my stash. Sure the Sweet Pea is awesome, but all those snaps got me like Why? The bumGenius 5.0 has beautiful stretchy tabs but I’m not sold on microsuede, and the Elemental Joy is maybe a little on the big side? This is the pocket cloth diaper I choose when I want to use a pocket diaper: Imagine Baby Pocket Diaper.
I’m never going to recommend a cloth diaper as being so unbelievably awesome you need an entire stash of it. Why? Because cloth diapering is subjective. I can tell you what I like about it and how it works with my kids, but your experience is what matters most. Try a sampler package at CozyBums. This sample package of Pocket Diapers will let you know what might be the best fit for your family, and maybe it is the Imagine Baby Pocket Diaper. If it is, or isn’t, leave me your experience below.