This cute little diaper made by a BC-based company (Kamloops) is a love affair meant to happen.
I’ve been eying up the Nuggles! Bittee since I saw a stash on the buy and sell many months ago. I was sceptical and never purchased. Then one day, while visiting my favourite retailer, I found one tucked in the back in a favourite print. So I bought this little Nuggles! Bittee and quickly fell in love. This was the beginning of my newborn cloth diaper stash.
Disclosure: Not all posts on this blog are sponsored; this one isn’t. But I do use comissioned links in this post. Purchases from these link are no extra cost. If you have any questions please contact me.
The disclaimer is that much like the Rumparooz Lil Joey these diapers are an exceptional design but slack in the absorbency department for liquid diet babies (#allbabies). While an amazingly perfect fit we did get leaks when little bladders were keeping up with the cluster feeding babies.
There aren’t many places you can buy a Nuggles Bittee! but if you check with Nuggles directly they should be able to hook you up.
I am a long time fan of Nuggles! Starting with the Simplee Nuggles! , I can’t help but fall in love with this Canadian (and even more BC local) brand. The Nuggles! Bittee Stay Dry Newborn cloth diaper doesn’t fail to disappoint and comes in their adorable prints!
All About the Nuggles Bittee
This little itty bitty diaper is just perfect for itty bitty babies, including my average-sized newborn (born 7lbs 15oz). It’s rated 5-15lbs+ and easily meets this sizing range. This is a newborn all in one cloth diaper.
The Nuggles Bittee has a double row of waist snaps for optimal sizing along the legs and waists. Unlike your traditional OS cloth diaper with rise snaps, the Nuggles Bittee has an adjustable rise at the waist snaps. Need a tighter leg or a lower rise, snap onto the bottom row. Need a higher rise, or a looser leg, snap onto the top row. Pull up your wings to adjust the legs even more (this was just perfect for my somewhat skinny leg newborn).
Honestly, I was skeptical about this type of rise setting and Nuggles! isn’t the only brand to use this strategy. In real life, I kind of like it. what! that’s right. Before we move on, lets also point out the awesome snap down for that pesky umbilical stump!
Inside the diaper, you’ll find a stay dry pocket-style All in One (AIO). Nuggles! has a luscious fleece interior with a microfibre absorbency core. With openings in the back and front, additional absorbency can be easily added on top, or inside the diaper.
You’ll also catch that the Nuggles Bittee features the Nuggles! double gusset. These double gussets are just right for keeping it all contained.
To Love & To Not
Compared to the rest of my newborn cloth diaper stash, the Nuggles Bittee is a fan favourite of mine.
Loving on this diaper is super easy…
- Umbilical Stump Snaps make this a useful newborn cloth diaper. There’s nothing better than being able to use your cloth diapers as soon as you can.
- Pocket Function allows you to boost this newborn cloth diaper to meet your little output. Add an extra cloth wipe and you can handle a little more pee.
- I also love that this pocket function allows me to turn the diaper inside out when tossing in the dryer for an even quicker dry time (but honestly, I forgot and had to wait for it to dry)
- Absorbency rocks in this Nuggles Bittee compared to other newborn cloth diapers. In real life, I was continually impressed by this diaper.
- Double Gusset: I do think these help keep things in and contained. (but then the only explosions we’ve had were in disposables, never a cloth bum).
- I love how the double gussets add distance between the fleece inner and the diaper shirt. I’m going to claim this helps reduce wicking on diaper shirts as this is one of the only diapers I never had this problem with.
- Adequate Newborn Sizing: The Nuggles Bittee is adequately sized for a newborn cloth diaper. It’s not on the small side, it’s not on the big side, and fits little Miss just right in the average sized newborn state. Even at 10lbs, she’s rocking it.
So, what’s not to love.
- Synthetics… the polyester/polyamide absorbency core of the Bittees is one of the reasons this diaper is mighty thirsty, comparatively, but… I also think life is better when my diaper has natural fibres.
- I’ll get over this because it’s awesome.
- Forever to Dry: this Nuggles Bittee was almost always still damp coming out of the dryer. This is a not to love moment, but it’s a love moment because taking forever to dry is a good sign of being absorbent in my opinion.
I can’t help but love this adorable softy, luxurious, and nicely sized newborn cloth diapers. I found them easy to use, easy to fit, and perfect for all of our stages of newborn cloth diapering. It was easy to boost to meet our needs, and the double leg gussets gave us room for bulking with boosters.
I would buy the Nuggles Bittee for my next baby. Would I have an entire stash of them? Maybe. But I wouldn’t have a whole stash of any diaper. Diversity is key to my life. Perhaps a good half dozen or more?