Forget about the big name cloth diaper companies because there are SO MANY other fish in the sea of cloth diapering. Here in Canada, we have a handful of amazing brands designing AND manufacturing cloth diapers (and accessories) which create spectacular products. I wish I were exaggerating, but I’m not. This summer I got my hands on an Omaiki Daytime Trainer (with side snaps) and once again I was reminded of how well Arianne & Anouk design and manufacture their products.
We are still in potty learning mode. My toddler gets an option of naked, diaper or training pants. This causal learning style approach to the potty is working with him, but not for me. I’ll admit I’m stressed and anxious. However, every time I sit down at the computers to write to you, I’m reminded it is his journey, not mine. He still shows a keen interest in using the potty and in using his diapers. I don’t believe in forcing him to do anything. The track record shows I will always lose.
I purchased these myself. I am a brand ambassador with Omaiki in 2017, and write my honest truth about my experience with this product. This post uses affiliate links.
Omaiki Daytime Trainers
There are two styles of the Omaiki Daytime Trainers: pull up, and a side snap. Both are essentially the same, except one has side snaps and one does not. I choose the side snap style because it had stock in the print I wanted (cactus – isn’t it perfection?).
Omaiki Daytime Trainers are built like underwear. They have a trimmer overall cut and appearance, compared to some trainers we have previously reviewed (think Lil Learners, AppleCheeks, and Bambino Mio) but still give a general underwear look and feel. Cotton on both the exterior and interior of the trainers, a PUL barrier is tucked inside to further enhance the underwear-like feel. Bamboo cotton blend provides additional layers of absorbency in the wet zone.
Cotton on both the exterior and interior of the trainers, a PUL barrier is tucked inside to further enhance the underwear-like feel. Bamboo cotton blend provides additional layers of absorbency in the wet zone.
What I Love about the Omaiki Day Trainers
Aside from the cute prints, the Omaiki Side Snapping Day trainer is one of my favourite cloth training pants to use. I wish I had more. Here are a few things I love about them.
- Side Snaps: Side Snaps are perfect for cleaning up poopy training pants. Potty training parents fear to change poopy underwear, and with the Omaiki Daytime Trainer with side snaps, diaper changes are a breeze. These would be the perfect fit for your poop training child.
- Fit & Design: I crush over the fit and design of the Omaiki Daytime Trainer. Straight out of the package I fell in love with the simple, clean cut fit. This is a product that is instant love
- Adequate Daytime Absorbency: Remembering trainers are for accidents, not diapers, the Omaiki Daytime Trainers have not let me down. It continues to hold the accidents we do have while containing the mess as would be expected from a daytime training underwear.
- I don’t find these to get pants overly wet. While not fool proof like a diaper, they do help keep some of the mess at bay.
- Made in Canada: I’m going to circle back to this because finding products made in Canada is valuable. Omaiki sources and produces their products in Canada providing Canadians with an opportunity to shop local, and support Canadian.
Room for Improvement
I’m pleased with my Omaiki Daytime Trainers, and that’s not just because I am a Brand Ambassador.
If I was to point out one area of improvement, it is that I wish for bigger sizing availability. My toddler is wearing a Medium, and during his growth spurt this past month, I would prefer the next size up a Large. Unfortunately, that is where the sizing variety ends (30bs+). This limited sizing is dieal for ideal otddlers, but not those in the larger categories.
Go for it!
The Omaiki Daytime Trainer is everything I’m looking for in a trainer: neat/trim fit, easy use by me and toddler, and appropriate absorbency. By meeting this criteria, I can’t help but rave about this outstanding product and after sliding off a poop earlier this week, I wish more trainers had side-snaps for removing the mess.
If you need underwear for a poop hesitant kid, you need Omaiki Daytime Trainers. The side snaps are hard to come by and amazing for containing messes. This would be my go-to choice for a cloth training pant.
Omaiki is hard to come by, but when you find it, you have to try it. Don’t forget to check out the amazing swim diaper, and find Omaiki Daytime Trainers at the following affiliate retailers:
You can buy Omaiki Products at Calgary Cloth Diaper Depot.