We hit the road for another road trip. Ever since acquiring our new mini-van, we can’t help but explore this beautiful province. With a spur of the moment opportunity to take a week of vacation, we’ve decided to hit the road, but first, this nursing mama must share with three MINIMALIST STYLE road trip breastfeeding essentials.
I received the Geffen Baby nursing pads in exchange for my fair and honest review of them. This post does contain affiliate links.
I’m exclusively breastfeeding my baby girl at the breast. She doesn’t take a bottle, nor have we tried to give her one. The best part about travelling with an exclusively breastfed baby is you need very little in the way of extras.
The Only Breastfeeding Supply you Need!
The only breastfeeding specific road trip essential I pack is Geffen Baby Nursing pads.
The rest of is just stuff I packed before I breastfed.
On a road trip,
I never forget by Geffen Baby Nursing Pads.
Breastfeeding Travel Essentials
- Geffen Baby Nursing Pads: Why? When travelling, I find my little one’s nurse much less. With infrequent nursing, my breasts fill up, and I join the leaky boob club. Remember that trip I took to Vancouver in the Spring; I changed my shirt twice because I soaked EVERYTHING while my baby slept peacefully in the car.
- Water: Staying hydrated is key to maintaining a healthy supply and staying comfortable on a road trip.
- Easy Access Comfortable Clothing: Rock your yoga pants and comfy clothing will make the trip more enjoyable. The less fuss, the better.
- Clean Bottle or sippy cup: Sometimes I need to hand express, and finding a container to express into isn’t available. To prevent uncomfortable lumps and bumps, I’ll hand express anything she doesn’t eat. She doesn’t eat from a bottle, so honestly, I usually toss the milk while we travel, but you could save it.
- Change of Clothes: Even Geffen bAby nursing pads don’t’ catch the spray when the baby pops off the breast and soaks your shirt. They also don’t save you from baby vomit or the coffee mishap while driving.
Not everyone travels as simple as I do when it comes to the breastfeeding mom. So share with me what other items you think are a MUST HAVE when travelling with breastfed infants, babies and toddlers?
Geffen Baby Nursing Pads
Geffen Baby offers two styles of Nursing Pads: Jersey & Fleece. Both made in the USA with a hemp/cotton blend. Jersey & Fleece Geffen Baby nursing pads are sold in a six pack (3 sets) of 5″ round reusable cloth nursing pads. The Jersey Geffen Baby nursing pads consist of three layers of 60%hemp and 40% organic cotton jersey. The fleece Geffen Baby nursing pads consist of 3 layers of 60% hemp and 40% organic cotton fleece.
Hemp is an amazing option for nursing pads because of its absorbency and naturally antimicrobial properties. I do wish the pads had a waterproof barrier as I would still like (but not as much) thru my bra and shirt for heavy let downs.
My favourite is the Geffen Baby FLEECE nursing pads because they are incredibly soft and cosy; I have never felt a nursing pad so amazing on my nipples. I never imagined I would write that sentence. The jersey is less cosy comfy, and for that reason, I would buy more of the Fleece Geffen Baby Nursing Pads.