It’s my birthday. I’m turning 27.
It’s been a tough year with a hard pregnancy and the never-ending battle with my mental health. Going from one kid to two kids is a challenge. Most days I don’t feel cut out for this parenting gig and I would just like to escape.
Here are 26 things on this past year.
- I hate being lonely. Can another adult come live with me or visit for dinner?
- Giving up expectations is fucking hard. Serious.
- I don’t think I enjoy being a full-time mom.
- Two kids doesn’t make it easier. What was I thinking?
- My mental health is at an all-time low.
- The word self-care is cringe-worthy.
- Do I even have a hobby?
- I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. Regretting this school thing.
- I would like to go back to work. But to pursue what? Customer Service? Can I just talk to other adults, please?
- I also have no idea what I’m doing.
- I miss travelling. And not just little trips to Prince Rupert and back, but like the constant exploration, and international travel. Can I be a nomad?
- FOMO is for serious.
- It’s okay to judge others, just don’t be a bitch. If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all. You can’t force your morals onto other people.
- You can’t force people to be who you want them to be.
- My toddler will never sleep.
- Sleep is overrated. Coffee is King.
- I love baby gear.
- Don’t trust bitches on the internet.
- Don’t read the comment section.
- I’m terrified of raising a little girl. Seriously, what was I thinking?
- I’m grateful for Hike it Baby, for my Breastfeeding Support Group, and Mom’s Night Out. I might not have any super close best friends, but I do have an army of supportive women around me. I love meeting new moms every month and learning from them and hearing their journies
- Giving birth is a piece of cake, being pregnant, #neveragain
- I have zero patience.
- I still don’t like showering.
- I still know nothing about beauty, fashion or hair. #mombunfordays
- I’m the adult in the room.
Stay posted for 7 wishes I have for 27 tomorrow. <3