Never before has cloth diapering been so incredibly complex. I imagine you feel overwhelmed with the cloth diaper options available. I know I do, and I’ve been in the business for a couple of years now. Recently, I was editing my posts from the Flats & Handwashing Challenge and I stumbled upon the complex world of Flat Cloth Diapers. Flat Cloth Diaapers are really simple, but now, unlike before there are so many different Types of Flat Diapers available.
Disclosure: Nobody paid me to write this. I write this post with affiliate links I earn a commission from. I am interested in reviewing cloth diapers and feel free to contact me to discuss.
Need a reason to try flat cloth diapers? I have a dozen or more but check out these other great bloggers who break down while these simple to use, simple to wash diapers, will have you wanting more. I’ve included where to buy flat cloth diapers in the links below. Don’t be scared about ordering international, sometimes the shipping and delivery isn’t as bad as you might be expected. There are flat cloth diaper makers in Canada, as well as abroad. If you make flat diapers, or you know someone who does leave me a comment with your shop name.
I’m breaking the Types of Flat Diapers into three major categories.
- Cheap, Economical & Easy to Find Flat Cloth Diapers
- Everyday manufactured Flat Cloth Diaper.
- Luxurious and Amazing Work at Home Mama Flat Cloth Diapers
Cheap, Economical & Easy to Find Flat Cloth Diapers
These are the cloth diapers you can pick up anywhere from your closet to Ikea. These flat diapers offer versatility and require nothing special but maybe a trip to the store.
- Flour Sack Towels. [Read Why I Don’t Like FST]
- Receiving Blankets [Find out More]
- Cotton T-Shirts. [Find out More]
- Anything Cotton.
- Ikea Towels. [Find out More]
Everyday Manufactured Flat Cloth Diaper.
These are flat diapers you find at your favourite cloth diaper retailer. Such cloth diapers are typically birdseye cotton in a standard shape and manufactured in the Middle Eastern countries. This is not always the case. There are several options available and they vary depending on price point.
I believe Flat Cloth Diapers are a single layer of material and therefore will not be including any brands that use preflats or call their prefold cloth diapers flats.
- Bambino Mio miosquares [Find in the USA]
- Blueberry Organic Gause Flat Diapers [Find in Canada | Find in the USA]
- Cloth-eez Organic Flat Birdseye at Green Mountain Diapers #sorryCanada
- Disana Organic Cotton Muslin Flats [Find in Canada]
- Elemental Joy Flats [Find in Canada | Find in the USA]
- Flip Organic Daytime Insert [Find in Canada | Find in the USA]
- GeffenBaby Hemp Jersey Flat [ Find in Canada | Find in the USA]
- GeffenBaby Fleece Fladdle [Find in Canada | Find in the USA]
- HempBabies Flat Cloth Diapers [Find in the USA]
- Imagine Stretchy Bamboo Flats [Find in Canada | Find in the USA]
- Imagine Flat Diapers (Birdseye Cotton) [Find in Canada | Find in the USA]
- Osocozy Birdseye Cotton Flat [ Find in Canada | Find in the USA]
- Rearz Flats [Find them Here]
The Luxurious Work at Home Mom Flat Diapers
There are some amazing women making flat cloth diapers right now. These dedicated seamstresses choose high-quality material and serge them into beautiful squares of fabric suitable for poop and pee. #talkaboutperfect. If you know of any other craftspeople making flat cloth diapers drop me a comment and I’ll add them to the list.
- Fruit of the Womb Cloth Diapers [Buy them Now on Etsy | Check out her shop]
- The Happy Bear Company [CANADIAN | Buy them Now on Etsy]
- Humbird Stretchy hemp Flats [Review | Buy them Now]
- Lily & Frank Cloth Diapers [ CANADIAN | Check out her Shop]
- Sassy Flats [Check out her shop]
- Sweet Iris Flats [Check out her shop]
Where do you buy flat cloth diapers?
Do you keep it simple or splurge on the beauty of a stretchy bamboo/hemp blend? Who makes your favourite flat cloth diaper?
Feel free to tell me about more about your favourite Types of Flat Diapers.