I’ll be straight with you. I hate goal setting. Like seriously, why is this a thing? But I get it, and after my dreary post on the end of 26, I felt I needed some aspiration and things to look forward to.
I’m not setting 27 goals. That is way too many. Instead, just 7. Because it sounded nice with “twenty-seven.”
7 Goals for 27
- Improve Mental Health. This is the only goal I want to achieve next year. I’m exhausted with the up and down mood swings, the intrusive and suicidal thoughts. I have yet to find a counsellor I like, a drug that doesn’t make me feel even crazier, but I’m trying. I’m showing up and I’m trying. It’s fucking hard.
- Think about my Physical Health. I would love to lose 50 pounds; but more importantly, I would like to feel better. I would like to have more energy, determination, and desire to be more.
- Find Joy in Parenting. It’s tough when you’re on 24/7. My patience is thin, and my toddler is two. The days are long, and weeks even longer. Somehow, somewhere I need to find some peace and joy with this parenting gig. It’s the only way goal #1 will come to fruition.
- Finish Something, don’t just talk about it. There are so many things I feel like I talk about but don’t actually follow thru on. Like reaching out to PR companies to be on their lists. Or planning an event with my mom friends. Or actually purging so we can move into a smaller house.
- Make something with my hands. I need to do more hands-on things that make me uncomfortable.
- Go somewhere that scares you. You might see me going on adventures, but there are much more I just don’t do because it scares me. For example, Climb Mount Pope, Fly with the Kids.
- Find a job. Sounds lame, but seriously, I would love a job. I know the grass isn’t greener on the other side, but I just want to try it.