There are many cloth diaper groups on Facebook from general diapering to local/regional support to brand-specific to buy & sell. If there’s a want, there is a will, and there is a group for it. Like many industry, almost every retailer and brand has their own group, and maybe an off shoot buy&sell page, or thread. These are brand-owned spaces, and rules apply.
Active retailer and brand groups can be a great place to find support and information because it’s like a controlled space without too much crazy and drama. Brand groups are awesome once you find your brand, but if you’re just new on the block, then maybe not. In a brand group, you won’t learn about other brands, just that brand.
Canadian Groups to Check Out
Your local Cloth Diaper group, or Buy & Sell Group. In Prince George we have a Facebook group called Cloth Diaper Swap Prince George BC – You might have a local group as well. It may or may not be active based on whether people know it exists, engage, or share.
How to find a local group? Search your town, region, district, or province and cloth diaper. See what comes up. Facebook is good at auto-populating and showing you.
Other BC Groups
- Vancouver & Surrounding BC Cloth Diaper B/S/T
- Cloth Diaper Exchange – Fraser Valley
- BC Cloth Diaper Chat & Advice
General Canadian Discussion Groups
- The Canadian Cloth Diaper Movement – Chat & Diaper Swap – this group is a mix of discussion and buy and sell at the national level. There are many Bella Luna fans in this group as well as other WAHM mom brands.
- Canadian Cloth Diaper Chat – this is a small, new and upcoming group started by Nancy at All Natural Mothering. This is a blogger created space.
General Canadian Buy & Sell Groups
Shipping in Canada is expensive. It’s part of this large country and Canada Post. When purchasing diapers second hand keep in mind it’s an average of $2-4 for lettermail, and upwards of $10-25 for parcel packages. For this reason, many people try to search locally on local swap pages, or Facebook Marketplace.
- Cloth Diaper Destash Canada – this is perhaps the most active Canadian buy & sell group at a national level for Canada to Canada only transactions.
- Cloth Diaper Swappers/Traders – this group is a smaller, less active buy and sell space.
Each of the brands has their own, less active, spaces for buying and selling used cloth diapers. Some of these are American but you can persuade people to ship North, and might find other Canadians looking to connect You can find them by searching the name of the brand from AppleCheeks to Nuggles to Thirsties and Smart Bottoms. Most brands run and operate their own spaces.
There are many more general buy and sell, swap, auction, or trade pages. These are often dominated by the American marketplace. Priced in USD dollars, with international shipping can be less advantageous than expected. I don’t shop in these spaces because it’s not worth the deal.
My favourite Canadian Retailer Groups
- Lagoon Baby Pond Chat – this group is for Lagoon Baby, a Canadian retailer of cloth diapers and baby gear. Lagoon Baby has one of the largest selections of cloth diapers in the country, and this group is full of helpful and kind mama’s for cloth diaper recommendations.
- Footprint Followers – this group is for The Baby Footprint shop. This boutique sells a variety of cloth diapers. The owner of this shop runs manages an active facebook group that is helpful in finding new answers to diapering.
- Lil Monkey Cheeks Barrel of Monkeys – this group is for the Ontario shop Lil Monkey Cheeks and offers a wide variety of conversation on Natural, Organic and eco-friendly motherhood.
Other Canadian Facebook Groups
- Cloth Diaper Sales Canada – this group is where brands and retailers post sales.
My All Time Favourite Cloth Diaper Group is AACD Chat
Canadian aside, the search for supportive cloth diaper Facebook groups is an ocean of even more options. There are many different schools of thought around cloth diaper laundry, and for that reason there are many different groups. Over the years, these groups have gotten quite large and overwhelming, but they can be a great space to find answers to wash routine problems, or product inquiries.
I really only have one group I recommend – All About Cloth Diapers – This is a group run by another cloth diaper blogger, Jennifer. We are on the same page when it comes to cloth diaper laundry support, and she puts a lot of dedication and work into her page and support systems. This is a great resource.
No, I don’t have a group.
I tried, I failed. I just don’t have the passion to run a group and maintain it. I’ve tried, the drama, the end.