Do you know an aspiring cloth diaper parent in your life? Or maybe your partner is an enthusiastic cloth diaper mom who can’t wait to share her love of cloth diapering. Here’s a few gift ideas for cloth diaper families that works for every cloth diaper enthusiast.
Cloth Diaper Gift Ideas for a Cloth Diaper Mom (Or Any Cloth Enthusiast)
- Cloth Diaper Book
- Cloth Diapers, Wet Bag or Accessories
- Cloth Diaper Service
- Cloth Diaper Shirt
- Cloth Diaper Mugs, Pins, & Stickers
- Gift Certificate to their Favourite Cloth Retailer
- Cloth diaper or not, every parent could use another children’s book. Amanda Jessup’s book, Counting Cloth, offers an adorable story of a eco-conscious family’s day. This book showcases babies in cloth diapers, babies recycling, baby’s taking a nap, and the entire journey to represent her family, and maybe yours. Counting Cloth is self-published and available on Amazon around the world. Hard copies are available.
Aspiring Cloth Diaper Parent
- A Book on Cloth Diapering – yes, there are thousands of free resources to learn how to cloth diaper, but nothing is as easy as the Cloth Diaper Book when you want to look up an acronym in the middle of the night, reference a fold, or get the 411 on a cloth diaper question. This book, written by Bailey the host of the Cloth Diaper Podcast, is the must-have cloth diaper handbook to support any family on their cloth diaper journey.
Any Cloth Diaper Parent
I will always struggle with giving gift advice because giving gifts is something I’m not great at myself, but if I was a mom who cloth diapered and I wanted a Christmas gift it would likely be one of the following:
1. A Cloth Diaper I Can’t Afford
Because if I could afford it, I would own it. Casually ask your cloth diaper friend which diaper they would love to own, but they just can’t justify dropping the cash on such a product.
Here’s a few ideas for you.
- A Natural Fibre AIO from their Favourite Cloth Diaper Retailer
- Lilly & Frank Fitted Diaper
- Twinkie Tush Fitted Diaper
- Noble Bebe Preflat
- The Blythe Life Creations Fixed Flat
A new and trendy cloth diaper that maybe they can afford, but they just won’t buy for themselves. Here’s a few brands making waves that you should definitely check out for your cloth diaper parent.
2. Cloth Diaper Service
A cloth diaper service is the option to have someone else wash and launder cloth diapers. This is a fantastic gift idea for a new parent who might cautious about the extra work or protecting her time as they adjust to new motherhood. This is a fantastic gift idea for a parent returning to work who wants to continue to cloth diaper. This is a fantastic conversation to have with any cloth diaper parent.
Cloth diaper services vary drastically. Some services wash and launder your own diapers, while others provide the diapers. Services vary depending on where you live – google cloth diaper services near me to find a diaper service that serves your area.
3. Cloth Diaper Accessories
Just like the above, cloth diaper parents often swoon about different accessories that would make their life easier, but they just don’t ever buy them.
- Diaper Dawg Spray Shield, Collar or Mits – these are a perfect gift for any cloth diaper parent transitioning to solids 0r struggling with poop removal and any feelings of disgust. The Diaper Dawg system is a great way to clean diapers without the mess – you can read the full review of products here.
- Wool – whether it’s wool pants for the baby or a diaper cover, wool is an expensive luxury of cloth diapering. Wool helps bridge the gap into overnight cloth diapering by offering a bullet proof solution. A few popular wool brands to consider:
- A New, bigger, and better Diaper Bag
- A Wet Bag – this is a great low cost option to consider for a cloth diaper parent. Many of us can never have enough wet bags and with the plethora of adorable prints and options it’s easy to choose something that will help us fall in love.
4. Cloth Diaper Pride
Let the cloth diaper parent in your life show off their love of cloth diapering with these cloth diaper shirts, cloth diaper bags, and other cloth diaper merchandise. Many cloth diaper brands offer a limited selection of products including shirts, mugs and stickers. Here’s a few of my favourite items.
Looking for a cloth diaper pride shirt – visit this page for a complete list of my favourite cloth diaper parenting shirts (COMING SOON!)
Consider a custom drawing of your babe, your partner, a moment in their cloth diaper journey from Amanda Jessup at Illuminated Sketchbook. She did my custom drawing, and your can check those out here.
A Cloth Diaper Keychain like this one from Shine Cloth, available on Etsy.
Mid-December, the Cloth Diaper Podcast will be launching merchandise featuring the Cloth Diaper Mom shirt. You might recognize this shirt because I wear it in every cloth diaper video, TikTok, and content that I create for the cloth diaper community. The shirt will be available in a variety of options not limited to Cloth Diaper Dad shirt, Cloth Diaper Baby Shirt, Cloth Diaper Parent Shirts and more cloth diaper merchandise and cloth diaper swag to help you represent the cloth diaper community. To be the first to know, sign up at below.
5. A Gift Certificate with their Favourite Small Business
When in doubt, the gift of a gift card to their favourite cloth diaper small business can be incredible choice this holiday season for a cloth diaper parent. They’ll love getting to pick out a diaper they’ve had their eye, or some small trinkets that make their cloth diaper life easy – because maybe they really need new Boingo’s and their favourite detergent, along with some wipe solution. These things aren’t sexy, but they are incredibly handy items for the cloth diaper parent.
If you’re a cloth diaper parent, what cloth diaper treats do you want to receive? Let me know in the comments.