I love wool. My husband is wool obsessed. Together, we think wool is the cat’s meow. We dress ourselves in wool and our babies! Wool helps us stay cool in the summer, and warm in the winter. That’s the magic of wool. Wool is not only a great option for clothing but a great option for diapering. Typically, I use wool at night time to keep the sheet dry and protect from any leaks. However, on hot days like last week, I also use wool as a breathable diaper cover for my kids which is why you spotted Little Miss rocking out in her HumBird Wool Interlock Soaker earlier this month.
I received this product in exchange for my review. As always, my reviews are real and honest about my personal opinion. This post does contain affiliate links which provide me with a commission.
HumBird creates out of Germany, but fast, prompt, and low-cost shipping costs will have you thinking you ordered it from around the corner. Dawn, an American, now in Germany, is a dedicated work-at-home-mama churning out beautifully crafted reusable cloth products from diapers, to wool and everything in between.
HumBird Wool Interlock
I might be a wool connoisseur; I’m far it a wool expert. So, we’ll just give you the basics, and then I’ll tell you everything I love (and don’t). HumBird Wool Interlock Cover is 95% merino wool and 5% spandex. This combo gives it a nice stretch, without being itchy. If you think wool is itchy it’s because you’ve never really tried wool. Itchy wool tends to be synthetic. The 5% spandex gives the wool the stretch to pull on and off, to fit around the legs, and to give a nice gentle hug around the belly.
Inside the cover, you’ll find crisp serged seams. Seams are neat and tidy for a great overall fit. Check out the sizing chart, or make a request for the perfect size for your little one.
LOVE LOVE LOVE
- I love interlock because less prone to snags. This wool cover is my first piece of interlock wool, and I love it more than any of my knits. On more than one occasion I have caught my Snappi, Pin, Toys, etcetera in the knit of a wool cover and created a messy snag; not with interlock. Interlock gives me less anxiety about playing and being in wool with kids.
- Keeps the Wet In! I also love interlock wool diaper covers because I think it holds back the moisture better than comparable wool knits. She wore this for many days before I washed it. I usually wash and lano wool when the wet starts to escape, I washed the wool because I felt like it, not because it needed to.
- Quality Design & Build: You can feel the immense quality behind this HumBird Wool Interlock cover. If the craftsmanship Dawn puts into this piece is the same across her wool line up, then I want it all.
- Sizing & Fit: I am so very pleased with the fit of this Medium HumBird Wool Interlock Cover. I’m not sure what else to say besides it’s just awesome. A little snug to pull on, but stretches and gives just right to stay up. The legs and tummy are soft and breathable. That’s exactly what I want for my chunky babies.
- Washed & Durable: With wear, the HumBird Wool Interlock Cover is standing the test of time. While Little Miss isn’t moving yet, I still expect some stretching and wear from constant diaper changes and the kicking of little legs. Over the course of many days wear, this cover still held its shape. I washed it and lano’d it twice, and it still looks like news.
- Price Point: HumBird Interlock Wool is an entirely reasonable price point for WAHM wool pants.
And one thing I don’t love.
The only possible complaint I have about the HumBird Wool Interlock diaper cover is that it’s not great for everyday wear with clothing. If you are a diehard lover of diaper shirts /onsies and traditional pants, wool might not be the answer for you. This wool interlock diaper cover does look dashing under a dress, paired with a top, or just on its own. 😉
Time for some HumBird Interlock Wool
The shorts are perfect for the summer, but I have my eyes on the long pants for this winter. I’m waiting for a growth spurt, and then I’ll order some to keep her cosy this winter. Wool is my go-to solution for night-time diapering and warmth. Check out the complete selection of wool products at HumBird.eu.
To stay up to date with HumBird you can follow the company on Instagram or Facebook.