Our adventure into potty training has taken a quick turn towards a potty learning experience. We’ve experienced roadblocks despite my toddler’s quick interest into using the potty. Without the language skills to communicate his need to use the bathroom, we often find ourselves in a bit of pickle when out and about. This is where cloth-training pants, like Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants, are helping my family make the transition from diapers to underwear.
I received this product at no cost to myself in exchange for an honest review on the Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants. This post contains my own opinions and thoughts on this product. This post also contains affiliate links and purchases from this product are at no extra cost to you, but provide additional income to this blog.
Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants Design
Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants look like underwear with the same fun Kanga Care prints and solids. They have the general underwear shape and come with cushy elastic band and pull on structure (XS and S sizing comes with snap on sides for easy-off accidents for earlier learners).
The exterior of the diaper is waterproof TPU. Inside the Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants you’ll find two layers of microfibre along with hypoallergenic micro chamois liner. This forms an ImWEt Technology to let toddlers know when they’ve wet their pants. The interior of these training pants are remind me of the Lil Joey – another favourite Rumparooz Product of mine.
Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants come in a total of 5 sizes ranging from 12M (15lbs) to 7Y (65+lbs).
Features to Love
Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants is instant love in this house.
- Sizing: Kanga care produces a training pant with a wide array of sizing options.
- Some other brands don’t have such a wide array of sizing options, which made finding a size for my chunky toddler a bit of a challenge.
- I opted to order the size Medium (4Y-5Y, 35-45lbs) because I wanted an easy on and off experience. Other trainers I ordered fit too tight to easily pull on or push off when I ordered the size he is.
- Overall, I’m happy with the size I ordered. I find the Medium fits him nicely, and is for both of us to use. My toddler is 32 pounds, and wears a size 2/3T.
- Easy Pull-On: The cushy waistband and structure of the Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants is so easy to use. I find it easy to put on, and is helping us transition into his independence of doing it himself.
- Absorbency: Training pants will not offer the same absorbency of cloth diapers. Instead, they offer much less in an attempt to catch small accidents and encourage overall potty use.
- We’ve had several accidents in our pants while out and about, and ever time we had dry pants – like the time we visited Paddlewheel Park in Prince George. I credit the Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants quality absorbency and outer TPU layer in keeping his pants dry and mama happy.
- Waterproof Outer Layer: I love it because of the story above. The entire outer shell of the Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants is made of waterproof TPU giving the entire thing a waterproof experience.
- Price Point: sticker shock is cloth-training pants are not cheap. However, at under $20CDN per pant, the Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants is less expensive than comparable options.
- Fun Prints! Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants are available in an array of fun prints and solids like any other Kanga Care product. This makes them totally fun and exciting for your toddler. There is nothing less thrilling than moving from exciting diapers to boring underwear. Ease into that transition with the fun of Kanga Care. We opted for the Lava & Soar set up, and love these prints on my Tot.
Room for Improvement
I wish the bigger sizes had side snaps. Once in a while we have a poop accident, and it would be nice for changing a dirty bum. Not all early trainers are little.
If you know me, you also know I’m not a fan of microfibre. However, in this case, microfibre works. I would love this product a thousand times more if it was made entirely of natural fibres. However, microfibre is amazing at holding a lot of liquid quickly and a potty training toddler needs this feature.
Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants is one of my go-to choices when using cloth trainers with my toddler. I love that they are mostly always waterproof when we do have accidents. I do prefer the bigger size on him, and would suggest they fit true to size and I didn’t have any shrinkage in the wash.
You can find Kanga Care Lil Learnerz Potty Training Pants at your favorite retailer or directly from Kanga Care. Feel free to shop my affiliate links below. They are sold in a hand two pack, and I would recommend at least 4-6 on hand for the day-to-day realities of training a toddler.
- LagoonBaby (Canada)
- Cloth Diaper Kids (Canada)
- Nicki’s Diapers (USA)
- My Sweet Pickles (USA)
- Amazon (USA)