Don’t you love it when a company is continuing to update their product? AppleCheeks has released a new and improved version of their AppleCheeks Learning pants based on feedback from its customers. How Awesome? Since I have a potty learning toddler in my house, I figured we’d check out the NEW AppleCheeks Learning Pants.
Check out the complete list of potty training products I’ve reviewed including other amazing trainers.
I received the product in exchange for this review from AppleCheeks! My review is my honest perspective of this product. This post also contains affiliate links. Purchases from these links provide a small referral to me at no additional cost to you.
AppleCheeks Learning Pants
AppleCheeks is a well loved and admired Canadian brand best known for their sized covers/pocket diapers (ranging from Size 1-4) as well as matching accessories. The AppleCheeks Learning Pant is also in the line up of products and has undergone a revision this summer (2017).
The NEW AppleCheeks Learning Pant now features FOUR LAYERS of bamboo cotton blend within the wet zone of the diaper (In pictures this is the area with the pattern). These four layers are sewn on top of the underwear like the brief and topped with a PUL layer in AppleCheeks desirable prints and solids.
What To Love
- Sizing: AppleCheeks Learning Pants sizing is on par!
- Most other training pants I have sized up, but with AppleCheeks I regretted this decision. The Large felt much too big for my lean toddler.
- It is refreshing to have accurate sizing with a training underwear and generous sizing. AppleCheeks knows potty learning toddlers come in a variety of sizes and want comfort when adjusting to underwear.
- Check out more details on sizing here on their website.
- Absorbency: 4 layers of a bamboo blend is super thirsty. These training pants are no joke when it comes to handling the accident.
- Underwear-like feel: AppleCheeks Learning Pants look and feel like underwear (minus the bulky bamboo blend wet zone). The stretchy brief style cut is easy to pull on and off little people.
- Soft Interior: The redesigned NEW AppleCheeks Learning Pants is now a single layer of fabric without openings. I love this because openings and snap in inserts just lead for messy poop clean up.
Areas of Improvement
AppleCheeks went above and beyond by listening to their customers and adapting the Learning Pant to meet the current needs and ditch the awkward microfibre booster. However, not everything is perfect. My biggest dilemma with the AppleCheeks Learning Pant is how long it takes to dry. AppleCheeks Learning Pants needs TWO DRYER CYCLES to dry, and that even with my new HE was washing machine. Drying time is very frustrating. AppleCheeks recommended I toss in some dryer balls, but I still find it takes forever.
I also find the heavy weight of the bamboo material does not hold up well with the softer cotton brief. The hourglass-shaped absorbent material tends to bulge outwards creating an unsightly appearance.
If drying times don’t scare you, and you love AppleCheeks prints and solids, then don’t pass up on these beautiful Learning Pants if you need a little something to encourage the potty learning experience. I love how they look and feel like underwear, especially under clothes! These are super trim under jeans and pants, and you might need to size back down. These worked great for keeping the bed dry during short naps, and when we’ve been brave to try potty trainig outside the house.
You might find the NEW AppleCheeks Learning Pants at these affiliate retailers:
- LagoonBaby (Canada)
- Cloth Diaper Kids (Canada)
- Nicki’s Diapers (USA)
- My Sweet Pickles (USA)
- Amazon (USA)