Did you see Little Man rocking out in his Omaïki H2Ö Swim Diaper on Instagram? Did you wonder where to get it? No fear, I’ll let you on how much I LOVE the Omaïki Swim Diaper on my toddler. It’s seriously awesome and been the perfect diaper for playing in Grandma’s back yard and going to the pool.
The Omaïki Swim Diaper with MATCHING RASH GAURD is just perfect for lazy sun-filled afternoons this summer. It will also rock the pool once the snow falls in October. We have a blue rash guard that conveniently matches all the other swim diapers in our stash.
This post contains affiliate links. I am a brand ambassador for Omaiki and received this product in exchange for promoting Omaiki. All opinions remain true and honest of my own experience.
Omaïki is a Quebec-based company owned and operated by two mamas: Anouk and Ariane. These two ladies have been in the diaper design business since 2007, and Omaiki is celebrating 10 years with this anniversary print (as featured on my AIO – review coming soon!).
Omaïki cloth diapers are made here in Canada! How awesome is that? Omaïki also manufactures and produces a wide array of other products to grow with your family – including their line of reusable feminine hygiene products – Lötus, training pants – Herö, and bibs and bags with Gustö.
Where can you find an Omaïki AIO? Canadians can buy them directly from Omaiki, or at any of their retailers. Shop my affiliate links to support the ongoing work of this blog – LagoonBaby.
Omaïki H2Ö Swim Diaper Design
The Omaïki H2Ö Swim Diaper is a one-size swim diaper for 8-35 pounds (plus). It features a side snap to the back of the diaper with four snaps on each side. Additionally, the Omaïki H2Ö Swim diaper features a double snap rise setting offering 3 diaper rises/heights.
Composed of Athletic Wicking Jersey, the inner shell of the swim diaper also boasts a light layer of bamboo terry to catch a small pee on the way to the pool. This absorbency is attached at the front and back (and quickly dries in no time).
The swim diaper also features wide stretchy elastic along the front and back of the diaper. Further, a double gusset around the legs.
Swimming with Omaïki
Honestly, we didn’t do much swimming in our Omaïki swim diaper because swimming with 2 under 2 is stressful. We did spend lots of time playing in the water with it.
A note about swim diapers: Swim Diapers (cloth or disposable) catch poop not pee. The primary objective is to keep poop out of the pool. Thats why everyone needs a swim diaper. It’s more of a super tight poop catching swim bottom than a diaper.
- Side Snaps: I LOVE the side snaps on the Omaïki Swim Diaper because it is an easy on/off on my toddler. When it first lands in your hands, the diaper looks odd and confusing, but yes the snaps go to the back. For snap-loving toddlers, this provides a fun challenge to keep them from taking off their diaper.
Story: During the flats and hand washing challenge, I opted for an afternoon of water play in our swim diaper (fewer flat diapers to hand wash!). When we got home, I had him undress and take off his diaper (he’s a snap pro). While he was standing, I was easily able to snap on the diaper and get a solid fit. He later pooped in his diaper, and again the side snaps quickly released the diaper without mess. I replaced his diaper with a front snapping swim diaper. this was much more challenging and difficult. I could have laid him down, but he’s a busy toddler with things to do.
- Absorbency – The little layer of absorbency in the Omaïki Swim Diaper is just perfect because nobody likes a wet hip when carrying a baby out to the pool, and this does just the job.
- Sizing – The sizing on this diaper is generous. Omaïki lists to 35 pounds, but its definitely 35 pounds PLUS. Little Man pushes 32 pounds but wears the diaper on the middle rise with two waist snaps on each side to go.
- In my experience, swim diapers snap down an extra rise setting compared to regular cloth diapers. The lack of absorbent material allows for a smaller all over fit.
- Fit – I get an easy no-fuss fit with this diaper on BOTH babies
because of the cozy thick back elastic and double gusset protection. I have zero fears of a a pool evacuation because of my babies.
- Matching Omaïki H2Ö Swim Tops – Omaïki produces Swim tops to match some of their swim diapers. Ocean (the blue Little Man is wearing) is a perfect match to his Surf swim diaper. This 3/4-sleeve swim shirt is a natural UPF 35+ and made in Canada with Canadian materials. He is wearing a size Large (18-24months. He is mostly in 2 T clothing (32 pounds, 34″), but this fits him just right with room in the torso.
There’s usually something to improve with any given product, but I’ve been thinking and pondering and the Omaïki H2Ö Swim Diaper leaves me pretty stumped.
I do wish it were a little user-friendlier. Upon receiving the product, I admit confusion. The unique design and back hip snaps is new to me. The diaper is easy to do up, and provide just pros. Honestly, I wish more diapers were side snapping. Simply Dad is probably going to be confused about how to put this diaper on.
Looking for the perfect swim look this summer? Look no further, the Omaïki H2Ö Swim Diaper and Omaïki H2Ö Swim Tops is the perfect look for summer. Not only stylish and on point, the swim diaper does an amazing job at making outdoor (and indoor) water play fun and easy. The swim tops keep little protected and styling.
Where can you find an Omaïki AIO? Canadians can buy them directly from Omaiki, or at any of their retailers. Shop my affiliate links to support the ongoing work of this blog.