These might just be the last pair of training pants I have yet to review. I’ve tried almost all the cloth training pants over the past year and a bit now. It took me a while to buck up and buy the Sloomb Trainers, but I finally did earlier this year.
This post is not sponsored. This post does use affiliate links for comission sales.
Why did it take me so long to buy Sloomb Trainers?
Because they are sold in a 3 pack for $65 CDN. Which, sure, it’s only $20 a piece, but I didn’t want 3 of them. I have an extensive collection of training pants to begin with and just didn’t want to spend $60 on this review. I only wanted to spend $20-25.
Now that I’ve done the math, I always assumed the Sloomb Trainer was crazy expensive, but at only $21.50 CDN each, these are the same price as everything else on the market and cheaper than Thirsties training Pants.
year as I absolutely love the quality and absorbency the Sloomb Trainers have to offer.
Where to Buy?
Nicki’s Diapers (USA)
Was it Worth It?
Sloomb Trainers Basics
If you haven’t wandered over to your favourite Sloomb retailer and looked at the description then yo udon’t know that they are an amazingly soft pair of padded underwear. Sloomb trainers are bamboo and organic cotton training underwear with a stretchy knit body and fleece central panel.
They are designed to be incorporated into any wool loving mom’s life. Swap them out for diapers, and keep using wool as baby pants or as a cover for wetness protection.
Sloomb Trainers come in 3 sizes starting at 20 pounds and teetering off at 46 pounds.
What’s to Love?
- Sizing – I ordered a size 3 for my 40 pound 3 year old, and they fit him great. They are a looser fit, but the waist was comfortable and I wouldn’t size down or up.
- Comfort – these are just beautifully comfortable and you can tell from the design and function. They are easy for my child to use himself.
- Absorbency – I would actually trust these for naps and night (when paired with wool or fleece). Sloomb Trainers are made from high quality materials that catch my toddlers full pee. I would consider this a top of the line absorbent training pant.
- Price – It’s fairly comparable when you break it down per unit to other high-end cloth training pants of this calibre.
What’s not to Love?
- Drying Time – that’s the beast when it comes to absorbent things, is that such an amazing combo of cotton and bamboo will need additional time after one regular dryer cycle. this is also true for AppleCheeks Bamboo Potty Learning Pants.
- Sizing – I didn’t have problems, but I do notice parents online continually have issues with the size of these training pants in that they ordered too big or too small.
- Leg Holes – the leg holes are fairly casual and loose. If you need a training pant that can catch a poop and not leak out the legs, this isn’t the right choice for you. Consider maybe the Bella Luna pull up training pant as it has an elastic leg casing.
Would I recommend?
A million times over. I will be buying these in a smaller size for my daughter this year as I absolutely love the quality and absorbency the Sloomb Trainers have to offer.