I’m in this funny place of should I write this review on my store website, or should I share these thoughts on my personal blog. For background, my name is Bailey and I own Nest & Sprout the children’s boutique in Prince George, BC. I did purchase the Yoto Player for my kids with my own money, but we also carry the product at our shop. You can choose where you buy your Yoto Player from Amazon, from Nest & Sprout, or directly with Yoto.
We opted for the Yoto player shortly after deciding we needed an audio player for the kids. Screens were too addictive, but like can you even buy a disc man anymore? At my kids age, I would have had a CD player that I jived too. So we decided to try out the Yoto Player as a modern take on that.
Recently, we embarked on a camping adventure that not only allowed us to reconnect with the great outdoors but provided the perfect opportunity to take our Yoto Player along for the ride and test out some of it’s functionality for the first time. We have the Yoto Mini and the Yoto Player (3rd Generation). The kids kinda battle it out between the two, but we definitely need to get a case for the 3rd Generation and more comfortable headphones for my other kid.
As we ventured into the wild, we discovered that using the Yoto Player away from home was a bit of a learning curve. We had become accustomed to its functionalities within the confines of our home Wi-Fi network, the experience out in the wilderness brought forth both surprises and valuable lessons.
- Personal Breaks with Familiar Stories: There are moments when you simply crave some time alone, and during our camping trip, the Yoto Player proved to be the perfect companion. Its ability to deliver familiar stories allowed us to unwind and escape, even in the midst of nature’s grandeur.
- Bedtime Routine Magic: Both of our kids were able to stick to their nighttime routines seamlessly with the Yoto Player. The soothing power of bedtime stories helped them ease into slumber, creating a sense of familiarity despite the unfamiliar surroundings.
- A Gentle Break from Screens: While screens have their place, they can sometimes be challenging to detach from. The Yoto Player’s stories provided a refreshing alternative, allowing our kids to take a gentle break from screens while still being entertained and engaged.
- Impressive Battery Life: During our 48-hour camping escapade, the Yoto Player’s battery life outshone our expectations. It proved to be more than sufficient, effortlessly lasting the entire duration of our trip without requiring a recharge.
- Comforting Nightlight: The Gen 3 player surprised us with an unexpected feature. When away from home, it transformed into a comforting nightlight, providing a sense of security and familiarity in the new environment.
Areas for Improvement:
- Tailoring Music Selection: Next time, I’m excited to get a dance music card for our little one, Miss A. This will undoubtedly add an extra layer of enjoyment to her experiences with the Yoto Player. I need to find out how to get some music music and download it – we only use music streaming services so this is a predicament.
- Organization and Protection: As we ventured out of the house, I realized the importance of having a proper case or system to keep all the Yoto Player components organized and protected. That said, we are already missing one card since bringing home the players a few weeks ago.
- Bluetooth Functionality: During the trip, I wondered whether it was possible to send music from my phone to the Yoto Player via Bluetooth. This is a question I couldn’t Google on the go, but it’s something I plan to explore for future outings. PS. I have now learned how to do this – it’s fine, but it definitely is a big battery drain on my iPhone. I have been able to send Apple Music playlists to her Yoto 3rd Generation player.
Future Prospects: We’re excited to welcome more Yoto players into our lives this week, including blank cards that promise to infuse our Yoto experience with our personal touch and add some music into my daughters livers. I’m not sure the Yoto Player has been the perfect fit for wha tI needed, but even if I had bought a CD player I’d be buying a lot of cd’s.
You can now shop Yoto at Nest & Sprout in Prince George, bC. They have been fast selling and we look forward to restocking as needed in the coming weeks and months.