We have used cloth diapers since Walter was one week old. Its our life blood. We know very little of any other means of diapering a child. So, when I go on holidays with disposable diapers I quickly have a new found appreciation for cloth diapers
Twice we have relied on disposable diapers during our holidays. Most recently on a 10 day trip to Montreal to visit my sister. I choose to use disposables because it would be cheaper than paying for a second checked back there and back (girl and her baby NEED winter clothes and boots MORE than cloth diapers, sorry). And previously on our 10 day trip to Rome, Italy. Cloth diapers weren’t even a consideration. They have babies everywhere and thus they have diapers. Twice I have come home with a new found appreciation for cloth diapers.
Why I Love Cloth Diapers (After spending a week in disposables)
- Fewer Clothing Changes – Even with fancy swanky proper fitting disposables, I still had leaks and poop explosions.
- Always the right fit – none of this buying the wrong size problems (W is a size 4, not a 3)
- Always the right absorbency when I need it – like perfect night time diapers.
- Never any guilt/sorrow/regret when you have to immediately change a diaper because that disposable cost you $0.30-$0.50 (diapers were expensive in Italy, and when you buy them in small quantities)
- Always super cute, super adorable and fun!
- Fluffy bums are just part of life, they make every baby cuter (and perhaps great fall protection?)
- ZERO garbage to take out.
- Cloth Wipes are the best!
We are SOO happy to be back in our cloth diapers.
Especially since we are on antibiotics and poops happen with each cough, this means diaper changes all day. So cloth is perfect. Into the washing machine, no guilt and no expense.
What reminds you of your love of cloth diapers? Why do you love Cloth Diapers?