This post is dedicated to the infants who wet the bed, max out cloth diapers, and just need something new.
There is no industry standard for heavy wetter diapers. Some all in one’s are marketed as a heavy wetter diaper but only offer 12 ounces of absorbency which for light wetters is perfect, but for kids who need over 20 ounces, it’s not so awesome.
Best Overnight Night Cloth Diapers for Heavy Wetters
- Flats & Prefolds
- AIO with Hemp Booster
- Bamboo Fitted Diapers
- Custom Work at Home Mom Fitted Diapers
Finding a heavy wetter overnight cloth diaper is a challenge and does result in trial and error.
- This is a great guest post on finding an overnight cloth diaper solution.
- Do I have a heavy wetter?
- Lightwetter Overnight Diapers
- Overnight Solutions for Bedwetters
My Overnight Cloth Diaper Experience.
I thought my experience with my son was normal, but when my daughter came along, I learnt he was a heavy wetter. He was not extreme, but moderate. We would max out most cloth diapers at night, and I would struggle with nighttime.
Mostly, we relied on Sloomb Fitted diapers or a Nuggles BambooLUXE fitted diaper with a wool cover. This was my go-to-choice for him, and we played around with a few other combo’s. My daughter was a lighter wetter and relied on less solutions.
These options have about 20-25 ounces of absorbency and for extreme heavy wetters may not be enough absorbency. If this is the case, I would then consider a custom work at home mom fitted diaper, or other options like mix and match flats, prefolds and inserts to find the absorbency you need.
Heavy Wetter Overnight Cloth Diapers
This is a list of heavy wetter overnight cloth diapers I use on my toddler during babyhood. I figured he needed about 20-25 ounces making him a heavy moderate wetter. He needed just a little more than the traditional night solutions but not enough to warrant purchasing fancy smancy overnight fitted diapers.
CHEAPEST: Double Flat Diaper
The Flats and hand washing challenge taught me that two flat diapers folded together is a great way to make a super absorbent diaper that kinda feels like a fitted diaper.
There are many different types of flat diapers, you can choose custom flat diapers, or you can repurpose things you already have.
- START HERE: One of my favourite suggestions is to start with a receiving blanket. A large cotton receiving blanket can offer upwards of 14 ounces of absorbency and is super easy and accessible.
- Old cotton t-shirts are a great alternative with even more absorbency.
Upgrade an Existing Diaper: An All In One with Hemp Boosters
If you already have a stash of beautiful diapers, sometimes all you need to do is add a Geffen Baby Hemp Insert and you’ve got an overnight diapering success. Geffen Baby Hemp Inserts are recommended because of their overall performance and quality of production. They are incredibly thing and can be added to almost any pocket diaper or all in one to take you from okay absorbency to night time worthy.
If you’re looking for other all in one reviews that work for parents at night, these would be a few of my recommendations:
Expensive but Designed for Nights: Fitted Diapers
Fitted cloth diapers an exceptional night time diapering choice because they offer full body coverage that works hard to tackle leaks. Much like the flat diaper, a fitted diaper is going to give you maximum absorbency for the best possible experience.
The downside to fitted diapers is because of quality textiles and the overall product construction they can be more expensive to purchase. You can buy them second hand or make the savings and invest.
My favourite overnight fitted cloth diaper is no longer in production, so now I recommend that you check out these brands
If you have a strategy working for you and your kid leave a comment below and let us know if your kid is super duper or just a fairy princess at night.
Tips for Finding an Overnight Cloth Diaper
- Double check that it’s an absorbency maxed out issue – if parts of the diaper are dry, maybe you need readjust the fit of the diaper by adding absorbency where baby pees.
- Double check that your diaper is leaking because of the fit. Sometimes leaky overnight diapers are not related to absorbency. Here’s some other strategies for leaky overnight diapers.
- When asking in a cloth diaper Facebook group – lay out what you tried and what you think you need in ounces – many people will say a FST is the best choice despite recognizing that it’s not the right choice. You’re going to want to be clear about what you need.
- reach out to cloth diaper retailers is a great way to find a solution that works if you’re having dead ends in cloth diaper Facebook groups.
A few more great blog posts on overnight cloth diapering from other bloggers.
If you need some other ideas check out for the child in your life who needs heavy wetter overnight cloth diaper. Are you a blogger with a great post? Email or leave your link in the comments.
Mama Banana’s Adventures: HumBird Overnights
Mam Loups Den – 3 Overnights for Heavy Wetters
The Mama Knows: 4 Options for Overnight
Moderna Alternative Mama: Disposables for Nights
Modern Bottom Diapers: Mother ease Wizard Duo
The Monarch Mommy : 4 Overnight Solutions
Zephyr Hill: Overnight Solutions
This was originally written in 2018 and updated in 2021.